MARKETING MAIL FAQS
What is marketing mail?
This is what most people refer to as "bulk" mail. USPS Marketing Mail provides economical prices for mailings of 200 or more pieces. Mailable matter that is neither mailed nor required to be mailed as First-Class Mail and is not authorized to mailed as Periodicals can be mailed as Marketing Mail. Marketing mail may receive deferred handling and is not guaranteed to be delivered within a specific time.
what qualifies as marketing mail?
Mail that weighs less than 16 ounces and is 200 pieces or more per drop. This includes printed matter, flyers, circulars, advertising, newsletters, bulletins, catalogs and small parcels. Mail pieces can be automated (with a barcode) or non-automated, but must be presorted using Postal Software, prior to mailing.
how do I determine if my mailing qualifies for marketing mail?
What are Marketing Mail Postage rates?
USPS Marketing Mail are bulk rates but will vary because the rate is based on the weight of each piece. Additionally, price per mailing will vary based on whether your mail piece of automated, nonautomated/nonmachinable, or a flat. You can get a rough estimate of the cost per piece by visiting USPS.com and using their Business Price Calculator.
If I'm a Nonprofit, does my mailing qualify for marketing mail?
YES! Nonprofits can use USPS Marketing Mail and will receive Nonprofit discounts on their mailing. Nonprofit mailings must meet all Marketing Mail qualifications set forth by the US Postal Service. Note: Nonprofit organizations must apply and be authorized by the US Postal Service in order to be able to mail with Nonprofit discounts. If you are a Nonprofit organization and are interested in becoming an authorized Nonprofit mailer, please review this PDF supplied by the US Postal Service on how to become eligible: Nonprofit Eligibility
What can not be mailed as Marketing Mail?
- Mail containing bills or statements do not qualify for Marketing Mail.
- Mail with handwritten matter on it do not qualify for Marketing Mail.
- Mail with personal information do not qualify unless all of the following conditions are met:
1. The mail contains advertising for a product or service for sale or lease or a solicitation for a donation.
2. All of the personal information is directly related to the advertising or solicitation.
3. The exclusive reason for inclusion of all the personal information is to support the advertising or solicitation.